Major Improvements and Exciting Features in Apple’s iOS 7
Apple released the much awaited update to its iOS mobile operating system, iOS 7 at the Worldwide Developer Conference(WWDC) 2013. Apple said this is “the most significant iOS update since the original iPhone.”. ”This is the biggest change to iOS since the introduction of the iPhone,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said during the general session. It has new and exciting user interface design and also some additional features that are not there in its competitor’s operating system.
Improvements and Exciting Features in iOS 7 :
1. Camera : Photographers will really welcome the new feature added. Now there is live filter for images i.e. users can now apply different effects to photos while capturing them. Also square image cropping is the new addition. So now there are 4 modes available in camera: Normal, Video, Panorama, and Square.
2. Notification Center : Updated Notification Center with a new translucent background. There are now three tabs- today, all and missed. The notification tray also has different tabs to can tap on, one of which is the Today tab, and the other two are “All” and “Missed.” The Today view is a well-designed interface letting you know of your activities for the day, as well as weather information. While the today tab summarizes your events, appointments, weather and traffic, missed gives a log of all alerts and notifications from apps. All will give you a list of all the notifications that you have waiting to be serviced, and Missed will show you the ones that you haven’t attended to in a while.
3. Multitasking : With iOS 7 Apple allows all apps to multitask and run in the background.
4. Control Center : Control Center which can be brought into view by swiping up from the home screen or lock screen. Controls for turning on or off Airplane mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb and screen orientation settings, adjust the screen brightness, play, pause, or skip a song, connect to AirPlay-enabled devices or turn on new Airdrop file transfer feature are there in Control center. Also handy shortcuts for flashlight, timer, calculator, and camera are added.
5. AirDrop : Mac users know that AirDrop is used for transferring files between two computers on the same network. The same feature is introduced to the iPhone. AirDrop allows to quickly share photos, videos, contacts — and anything else from any app on your phone with a Share button. AirDrop enables transfers using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Transfers are encrypted, so they’re secure.
6. Updated App Store : It lists the apps relevant to your current location. Also apps will be updated automatically without your intervention and not seeing the update badge.
7. Activation Lock : New security features in iOS 7 will make selling or using your stolen device more difficult. Turning off ‘Find My iPhone’ or resetting the device requires your Apple ID and password. You are also required to enter your Apple ID and password to reactivate the device.